Rules Of Discipline
Students represent their family and school and must display a high standard of behaviour inside and outside the school premises. The students must strictly follow the following guidelines: -
- The sound of the first bell at 8.00 a.m. announces the time of the morning attendance. By the time the second bell sounds, which is at 8.10 a.m., all students accompanied by the class teachers should assemble for prayer in the designated auditorium. After the assembly, each class should go quietly in a line to their respective classrooms.
- The school song shall be sung by all students in the assembly in the morning every Monday, led by the school choir.
- At the time of afternoon dispersal students should leave the school from designated gates. Those using buses should be seated in the buses promptly and not move around in the bus parking as this is unsafe and causes delay.
- Running, pushing, playing or shouting in the classroom, corridor or within the school building is strictly prohibited. Students should maintain order and speak softly in corridors, on the ramp and staircases and demonstrate respect towards everyone particularly those elder to them. They must always move on the left while walking in a line on the ramp staircase or in the corridor.
- Money transactions, sale and exchange of articles among students is prohibited.
- A student must come to school in the prescribed school uniform regularly and even during any holiday, PTMs, practices or extra classes. Students who are not in school uniform or shabbily dressed or have unkempt hair may be sent back home. Boys should sport a proper haircut (no fringes) and girls with long hair must tie their hair in a plait/braid.
- Students are not allowed to bring toffees/sweetmeats for distribution on their Birthdays or any other food item such as cakes, pastries, cold drinks and chocolates. Chewing of gum is not allowed on the school campus or school bus.
- Accessories, trinkets, jewelry, perfume, nail paint etc. should not be worn to school. Tattoo, hair streaking or colouring is not permitted.
- No electronic gadgets like Smart watch, I-pod, Calculator, Camera etc. are to be brought to the school without the permission of concerned Teacher/Principal.
- Cell phones are not allowed under any circumstances. Non-adherence to this rule may lead to expulsion from the school.
- Inappropriate use of internet in school will result in disciplinary action.
- Money collection of any kind whatsoever should not be made by any student without the permission of the Principal.
- Proper care is taken of students in the laboratories, play field, classrooms etc. to prevent mishaps/accidents, therefore the school should not be held responsible for any such occurrence.
- Although the school maintains a lost and found service to return the lost belongings of the students, it’s important that students label their belongings and take care not to leave them around.
- Care should be taken by students to maintain the school property. No student should deface furniture or property of the school. They should not write or draw anything on the walls. Students should refrain from damaging equipment, computers, apparatus, stationery, books etc. in the laboratory, library, sports field or those belonging to other students. Any such matter must be reported to the Class Teacher/concerned teacher immediately. Any willful violation of instructions can lead to a fine or even expulsion from the school.
- Rules of conduct of the classroom, laboratories, activity room, library and sports field must be observed.
- Any misconduct related to use of foul language, bullying, sharing or talking about inappropriate internet content will be dealt with very seriously.
- Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, neglect of class work, disobedience and disrespect of teachers and non-adherence of rules of the school may entail expulsion from the school.
- All forms of bullying are prohibited. Serious action will be taken to safeguard, welfare of the students.
- We follow a ‘zero tolerance’ policy for substance use. Any child caught carrying or using substance in school can be suspended or rusticated depending on severity of wrong doing.
Rules of ATTENDANCE
- It is compulsory for all students to attend the morning assembly. Students are expected to reach school by 7.55 a.m. Late coming is liable to disciplinary action. Those coming late will not be permitted to enter the school.
- All students must participate in school activities such as sports, physical exercise, functions etc., unless medically unfit and given permission by the Principal of the school.
- It is compulsory for students to attend classes as per the Time-Table and to have at least 75% attendance to appear for examination and for promotion to the next class. This applies to both theory and practical classes separately.
- No student is allowed to leave the school without the written permission of the Headmistress / Vice-Principal / Principal. Students are not permitted to leave the school on their own or with anybody else except parents or guardian.
Rules of ABSENCE
- A leave application signed by the parent or guardian should be sent preferably before or on the day of absence and in any case when the child rejoins the school.
- If a student is absent without intimation for more than five days, his / her name is liable to be struck off the rolls.
- Students suffering from any infection or disease must complete the quarantine before rejoining the school. In such a case, the medical certificate indicating the type of illness and a fitness certificate should be submitted.
- No early departure and half day leave will be granted during regular school days or on days of tests and examination.
- In case of outstation leave/long leave for students the same must be availed with prior sanction/information.